BISSELL CrossWave Floor and Area Rug Cleaner, Wet-Dry Vacuum with Bonus Extra Brush-Roll and Extra Filter, 1785AView on Amazon
Bissell Featherweight Stick Lightweight Bagless Vacuum With Crevice Tool, 2033, One Size Fits All, BlueView on Amazon
BISSELL, 2554A CrossWave Cordless Max All in One Wet-Dry Vacuum Cleaner and Mop for Hard Floors and Area Rugs, Black/Pearl White with Electric Blue AccentsView on Amazon
eureka Vacuum Cleaner Powerful Suction Small Handheld Vac with Filter for Hard Floor Lightweight Upright Home Pet Hair, 1-(Pack), Light RedView on Amazon
Last update on 2024-02-27 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
Best overall: Bissell 2252
When it comes to picking up pesky pet hair, the Bissell 2252 Upright Bagless Vacuum Carpet Cleaner doesn't miss a beat. With triple action brush roll technology and scatter-free design, this vacuum cleaner easily picks up pet hair from carpets and furniture.
The swivel steering also makes it easy to maneuver around obstacles and clean edges and corners. And for your convenience, the dirt bin is bottom-easy empty so you can quickly get rid of messes. Plus, for every pet product purchased, Bissell donates up to 10 dollars to the Bissell Pet Foundation.
Best budget: Shark NV352
The Shark NV352 Upright Vacuum with Wide Upholstery and Crevice Tools is perfect for anyone who wants a lightweight, versatile vacuum that can clean both deep carpets and delicate bare floors.
With its powerful motor, brush-roll shutoff, and swivel steering, you'll be able to maneuver around furniture with ease. And the included upholstery tool and two lengths of crevice tool make it easy to clean tight spaces.
Best design: BISSELL 1785A
The BISSELL CrossWave Floor and Area Rug Cleaner is perfect for busy households looking to clean their floors quickly and easily.
This all-in-one machine simultaneously vacuums and washes surfaces, so you can get your cleaning done faster. It's also safe to use on a variety of surfaces, making it a versatile addition to your cleaning arsenal.
Plus, for every purchase made, BISSELL proudly supports the BISSELL Pet Foundation in its mission to help save homeless pets.
Best durable: Eureka NEU280
The EUREKA power speed is one powerful and lightweight vacuum cleaner! Its upgraded cyclone system can handle larger debris, smaller dirt, and even microscopic dust.
This vacuum cleaner penetrates deep into carpets to extract embedded dirt, dust, and debris. It also has 5 height settings to work well on carpets, shag rugs, and hard floors.
The wheels run smoothly on hardwood floors to prevent scratches or gouges. You can use this vacuum cleaner for many surfaces with its multiple accessories like the crevice tool, dusting brush, upholstery tool, telescopic wand, and floor nozzle.
Best value: Eureka NEU182A
The eureka NEU182A PowerSpeed Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner is a powerful vacuum cleaner that can quickly and easily clean stubborn and heavy debris.
At only 10 pounds, it is lightweight and easy to maneuver, making it perfect for whole home clean-ups. With its five height adjustment settings, the EurekaPowerSpeed works well on a variety of surfaces, from carpets to hardwood floors. And with its extra-large dust cup capacity, you’ll spend less time emptying it out.
You may consider
Tips on How to Choose the Best Vacuum For Your Home
Now that you have a better understanding of the different types of vacuums available, here are some tips to help you choose the best one for your home:
- Consider the size and layout of your home: If you have a larger home with multiple floors, consider getting a cordless or lightweight vacuum to make it easier to move around. A vacuum with strong suction power and a beater brush would be ideal if you have mostly carpeted floors.
- Take note of your storage space: If you have limited storage space, opt for a compact or stick vacuum that can easily be stored in a closet or under furniture.
- Check the noise level: If you live in an apartment or have roommates, you may want to consider getting a quieter vacuum to avoid disturbing others.
- Look for additional features: Some vacuums come with extra attachments and tools, such as a crevice tool or pet hair brush, which can be useful for specific cleaning needs.
- Consider your budget: Vacuums can range in price from affordable to more expensive models. Decide on a budget beforehand and look for vacuums that fit within that range.
- Read reviews and ratings: Take the time to read reviews and ratings of different vacuums from other customers. This can give you a better idea of the product's performance and durability.
- Consider your specific cleaning needs: If you have allergies or pets, look for vacuums with HEPA filters and strong suction power to effectively remove allergens and pet hair.
- Don't be afraid to test it out: If possible, go to a store and test out different vacuums before making a purchase. This will give you a better idea of how the vacuum feels and handles in action.
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Buying a Vacuum Cleaner
- Buying based on brand: While certain brands may be known for producing high-quality vacuums, it's important to also consider other factors such as features and price rather than solely relying on a brand name.
- Not considering the type of flooring in your home: Different types of flooring require different cleaning methods. Be sure to choose a vacuum that is suitable for your specific flooring, whether it's carpet, hardwood, or tile.
- Ignoring the weight and maneuverability: A heavy and bulky vacuum may be difficult to use and maneuver, especially if you have multiple floors in your home. Consider a lightweight or cordless option for easier cleaning.
- Overlooking maintenance costs: Some vacuums may require costly replacement parts or filters over time. Be sure to factor in these maintenance costs when making your decision.
- Not reading the warranty: A good warranty can provide peace of mind and protect your investment. Make sure to read the details of the warranty before purchasing a vacuum.
- Choosing a one-size-fits-all approach: Every home has different cleaning needs, so don't assume that one type of vacuum will work for all your cleaning tasks. Consider a versatile model that can handle different surfaces and attachments for specific needs.
- Waiting too long to replace an old vacuum: If your current vacuum is constantly breaking down or not performing well, it may be time for a new one. Don't wait until it completely stops working before investing in a new vacuum.
The best way to find the right vacuum for your needs is by reading reviews of what others have found helpful. We’ve provided you with a list of the 15 best vacuums for area rugs and bare floors, as well as some useful information about features that are important when purchasing an upright or canister machine.
If you need more help deciding which one will work best for your home, please contact us today! Our team would be happy to answer any questions you may have so that we can recommend the perfect vacuum cleaner together.