Your fridge is probably one of the most important appliances in your home. Not only does it store your food, but it helps to keep everything fresh and cool. However, if your fridge starts to smell bad, it can be a real challenge to get rid of the odors.
In this blog post, we'll show you how to remove odor from your fridge and make it smell like new again! Plus, we'll give you some tips on how to prevent odors from happening in the first place. Read on for all the details.
The reasons cause the refrigerator smell
The main reason that refrigerators smell is because of food that has gone bad. When food goes bad, it starts to decompose and release chemicals and gases that can cause a strong smell.
Other causes of refrigerator smells include mold and mildew, which can grow in the damp environment of the fridge, and leaks, which can allow other smells into the fridge.
Equipment you need to prepare
3. baking soda
5. laundry detergent
6. clean rags or sponges
9. outdoor area
10. fans (optional)
Step to get rid of odor from your fridge
1. Remove all the contents of your fridge and freezer
2. Wipe down the inside of your fridge and freezer with a vinegar and water solution
3. Sprinkle baking soda on the bottom of your fridge and freezer
4. Replace everything in your fridge and freezer, making sure to keep food organized
5. Close the door to your fridge and freezer for 24 hours so the baking soda can work its magic
6. Voilà! Your fridge will smell fresh again!
Other tips to keep your refrigerators fresh
1. Check the seals on your fridge and freezer door regularly. Over time, seals can become loose or cracked, which can let in warm air and cause your fridge to work overtime.
2. Keep the coils on your fridge clean. Dust and dirt can build up on the coils, making them less efficient. Vacuum or brush the coils every few months to keep them clean.
3. Organize your fridge so that air can circulate freely. Don't pack your fridge too full and leave some space between items so that cold air can circulate.
4. Set the temperature of your fridge properly. The ideal temperature for a refrigerator is between 35 and 38 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Defrost your freezer regularly. Frost can build up in your freezer and make it harder for your fridge to keep things cold. Most modern fridges have a automatic defrost cycle, but you can also do it manually by turning off the power and letting the ice melt.