If you use an essential oil diffuser, then you know just how important it is to keep it clean. A dirty diffuser can cause all sorts of problems, such as bacteria growth and bad smells. In this blog post, we will teach you how to deep clean your essential oil diffuser so that it is in perfect working condition!
Benefits of using an essential oil diffuser
An essential oil diffuser is a great addition to any home. Not only does it make the air smell pleasant, but it also has numerous health benefits. Inhaling plant-derived essential oils can help improve overall psychological and physiological well-being while providing an array of therapeutic benefits such as alleviating stress, boosting mood, reducing inflammation, and improving respiration.
Diffusers are easy to use and don’t require any special maintenance or cleaning, unlike conventional methods of scenting a home. The controlled diffusion of essential oils can also help keep mosquitoes, dust mites, and other unpleasant bugs at bay. Investing in an essential oil diffuser increases mental clarity, energizes the body and mind, and helps you become more productive in everyday tasks.
Why it is important to keep your diffuser clean
When using an essential oil diffuser, it’s important to keep it clean and maintained on a regular basis. Essential oils have antibacterial properties which can protect against the growth of mold, mildew, and other bacteria if used regularly. However, if not cleaned properly or frequently enough, the diffuser can become clogged with residue and cause unpleasant odors. This can also cause the diffuser to work less efficiently, using more essential oils than needed and releasing a weaker scent.
Steps for Deep Cleaning an Essential Oil Diffuser
Unplug and Disassemble the Diffuser
1. Unplug the diffuser and remove any essential oils or water that may be inside.
2. Carefully take apart the diffuser and clean each piece with a soft cloth and warm soapy water. Rinse off the pieces in lukewarm water, then pat them dry with a towel.
Cleaning the Ultrasonic Plate & the Reservoir
1. With a cotton swab, gently scrub the ultrasonic plate with rubbing alcohol or vinegar until it is free of residue.
2. To clean the reservoir, mix one part of white vinegar and three parts of water in a bowl. Dip a soft cloth into this mixture and wipe down the inside walls of the reservoir to remove any residue.
3. Rinse the reservoir and ultrasonic plate with clean water, then pat dry with a towel.
Cleaning the Diffuser Base & Cap
1. To clean the diffuser base and cap, simply wipe them down with a soft cloth dampened in warm soapy water. Rinse off the pieces in lukewarm water, then pat them dry with a towel.
2. To remove any tough stains or odors from the diffuser base and cap, mix equal parts white vinegar and water in a bowl. Dip a soft cloth into this mixture and wipe down the pieces until they are free of residue. Rinse off the pieces in lukewarm water, then pat dry with a towel.
Reassemble the Diffuser
1. Once the diffuser has been cleaned and is completely dry, reassemble all of the pieces back together in their original positions.
2. Plug the diffuser back into an outlet and turn it on to test that it is working properly.
Cleaning and maintaining your essential oil diffuser on a regular basis will help extend its lifespan and keep it in optimal condition. Taking the time to deep clean your diffuser once every few months will ensure that it continues to work at peak performance and provide you with all of the therapeutic benefits that you need.