The Appliances Radar blog has some easy tips on how to clean your fridge. Whether it's a top-freezer or bottom-freezer model, we have the cleaning tips you need!
Learn how to clean the coils, door seals, and more. Plus, get some helpful hints on how to keep your fridge running smoothly all year long! Keep your food fresh and your kitchen looking neat with these simple tips!
Why should I clean my fridge?
Cleaning your fridge on a regular basis is important for several reasons.
- First, it helps to prevent food spoilage and keep your food fresh.
- Secondly, it reduces the risk of foodborne illness by preventing the growth of bacteria and mold.
- Third, it can help to save money by extending the shelf life of your food.
- Finally, it just makes good sense to keep your kitchen clean and tidy!
How often should I clean my fridge?
You should clean your fridge at least once a week. However, if you have a lot of food in it or if it's been a while since you've done a deep clean, you may need to do it more often.
Cleaning your fridge regularly will help keep food fresh and prevent bacteria from growing. It's also important to clean up spills quickly to avoid mold and mildew.
What component do I need?
There are several components that you'll need to clean fridges, including the exterior, interior, and door seals. Here's a breakdown of what you'll need to clean each area:
- Exterior: You'll need a mild detergent and a soft cloth to wipe down the outside of the fridge. Be sure to pay attention to the handles and any other areas that tend to collect dirt and grime.
- Interior: The inside of the fridge should be cleaned with a mild detergent and a soft sponge. Be sure to reach all of the nooks and crannies, including the shelves and drawers.
- Door seals: The door seals are an important part of the fridge, and they should be cleaned on a regular basis. A mild detergent and a soft brush will do the trick. Be sure to rinse the seals well after cleaning.
How to do
1. unplug your fridge
2. remove all food and items from the fridge
3. wash all shelves and drawers with warm, soapy water
4. dry all shelves and drawers completely
5. vacuum the coils at the back of the fridge (this will help it run more efficiently)
6. wipe down the outside of the fridge with a damp cloth
7. plug the fridge back in and restock it with food and items
Things to avoid when cleaning the fridge.
1. Avoid using harsh chemicals when cleaning the fridge. These can damage the finish and cause premature wear and tear.
2. Avoid using hot water when cleaning the fridge. This can damage the seals and cause leaks.
3. Avoid using a power washer to clean the fridge. This can damage the finish and cause premature wear and tear.
4. When cleaning the fridge, be sure to avoid getting water inside the unit. This can damage the electronics and short out the appliance.